What does it mean to be a Good Business Charter accredited member? What are the expectations from our members and what will the Good Business Foundation do for its members? Here we set out the answers to these questions.
The Good Business Foundation
The Good Business Foundation, the charity which runs the GBC accreditation, is committed to:
- uphold the GBC accreditation by careful assessment of new members and swift resolution of issues and whistle-blowing reports
- remove any member that is not complying with specific detail or the spirit of the 10 components of the GBC
- make available to members a library of resources including artwork, podcasts and articles for their use
- work with like minded organisations including trade associations, the press, marketing and PR to promote the GBC to all relevant stakeholders with particular focus on awareness among the general public
- assist members who have questions about any aspect of the GBC components, signposting them to relevant support as required
- send monthly, informative mailshots with relevant updates
What we can’t do
We cannot make personal introductions to individual members nor do we advertise an individual members’ services to others or externally.
We want to share best practice and are always interested to hear your experience of being a responsible organisation and in particular the benefits of receiving GBC accreditation which we share through our blog and on social media. Do get in touch with Ellie through email@example.com to share your experience. We love to use case studies to inform and inspire our membership!
We expect GBC members to:
- honour the commitments they made in signing up to the GBC
- promote the GBC internally and externally, for example by issuing a press release, putting our logo on their website, email signature and social media, shop windows, vans and letterheads.
- pay their modest annual membership fee promptly
- cooperate fully with us on any queries on whistle-blowing reports.
We also hope members will assist us in spreading the word to other organisations so that they too can benefit from the advantages in joining. The more organisations that join the GBC, the greater impact we can have as we increase awareness of our brand and bring more customers to your door.